Thursday, November 18, 2010

old thoughts..

Recess in a Mine Field

Eyes
As empty as a mid-western sky line
I’m the epitome of failure
Should this be considered ‘trying’
Wandering eyes,
Fitting for the blame
But I’m not the quick sand

Lyrics without music
Like movement without purpose
God gets jet lag
and three day recess
Whore drawn conclusions
Knives, like good intentions,
Come to find themselves
At home in the back..

..so now I sleep on my side

That which doesn’t kill you
Has a cure that will

t’s the year of the Judas
take what you want
The beauty of persistence
Is never knowing when to give up
I know who you are
Who you are
Will catch up with you

Bad complexion,
Worse investment
The smooth talker
Makes for the biggest fucking mess
Behind the scenes, pulling strings
We all know
And no one says a word
Ignoring the direction the shot will come in

…so I’ll be buried on my side

That which doesn’t kill you
Has a cure that will

Place the blame
A lot of doing nothing gets us nowhere
Crown another king
Let me know when history starts shuffling

Wait for it
Now wait for it….